The CTAP Region 8 Technology Certification program is designed to help Region 8 educators direct their educational technology professional development. The objective of Technology Certification is to ensure that classroom educators have the requisite skills, knowledge and ability to effectively integrate technology into the curriculum.
Technology Certification is organized into Levels of Proficiency:
- Level I: Technology for Educators Proficiency
- Level II: Professional Proficiency for Teaching Common Core Technology
Educators demonstrate mastery at each level through the development of an online portfolio organized around proficiency standards.
What is the difference between the proficiency levels?
Level I objective is to ensure educators are able to:
- Communicate and collaborate electronically.
- Plan, design and prepare for implementation of learning experiences.
- Evaluate and assess using technology tools.
Level II objective is to ensure educators are able to apply educational technology skills in an educational setting to:
- Customize curriculum to enhance its relevance and value to a wider range of learning styles and abilities
- Improve student ability to access relevant technologies
- Use technology to more effectively meet individual student needs
How to apply:
To apply for CTAP Level I/II certification, educators must submit an online portfolio, attestation form and certification application to the local CTAP office for processing and approval.
To register for the CTAP Level online course, please send an email to Genevieve Reifer with your name, school district, site, and preferred email address. If you are applying for Level II certification, you will be required to provide verification of Level I certification.
Effective August 1, 2012
CTAP Certification Courses have an enrollment fee of $75. Payment may be made by check (payable to Ventura County Office of Education - Program 0383) or credit card. Upon receipt of payment, you will be registered into the online course and receive a registration email. This will explain how to sign into the online site and other information will be within the website.
** Each course must be completed within 3 months from your first successful course login.