Beginning in the 2014-15 school year, the California Department of Education implemented a new standardized student testing program called the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP). The CAASPP assessments are aligned to California’s new Common Core State Standards. The new computer-based tests, which are also known as SBAC (Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium), are administered in grades three through eight and eleven.
In addition to the CAASPP assessments, the Ventura County Office of Education administers these tests at the schools we operate:
- California Alternate Assessments (CAA)
- California English Language Development Test (CELDT)
- California Modified Assessment (CMA)
- California Standard Tests (CSTs)
- California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA)
- Physical Fitness Testing
The resources below will help parents, students and educators better understand the tests we provide and find answers to common questions.