Dr. Cesar Morales, Associate Superintendent
The Student Services Branch is comprised of all student services programs operated by the Ventura County Office of Education including Special Education, Court and Community Schools, the Career Education Center (CEC), Charter Schools, Migrant Education, Homeless and Foster Youth Programs, CalSAFE, and Student Competitions.
In fulfilling our "Commitment to Quality Education for All" we teach, inspire and support our students by providing opportunities for them to discover their potential, develop their character, and maximize their learning so they may become life-long learners and world class citizens.
Our students learn in a personalized environment that fosters human dignity and promotes academic, social emotional and personal success.
Our dedicated and caring staff believes that all students can learn, and that quality learning and teaching strategies will help students achieve success by:
- Teaching, and encouraging our students to succeed academically, behaviorally, and emotionally in a safe and secure environment of caring, respect, and acceptance
- Building resiliency, independence and positive character
- Focusing on each student's talents, learning styles and strengths
- Promoting student learning by providing a rigorous, relevant, and realistic curriculum
- Gathering data on student progress and adjusting instruction to maximize learning
- Designing learning strategies that foster student success
- Encouraging collaboration with parents and community partnerships