The Ventura County Education Specialist Induction Consortium (ESIC) is a two-year, developmentally sequenced program of support and assessment for newly credentialed teachers in California. The program is accredited by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and is administered by the Ventura County Office of Education (VCOE), Teacher Support Services department in coordination with a consortium of 22 school districts, local charter schools, private schools, and 5 university partners.
The Education Specialist Induction Consortium provides services to teachers who have a Preliminary or Level 1 Education Specialist credential. Combining flexible online coursework, face-to-face professional development and completion of formative assessment documents during fieldwork with an experienced mentor, each candidate is guided to successful demonstration of required program competencies.
Benefits of the Induction Program Include:
- Recommendation for the Clear Credential upon completion of all program elements and CTC requirements
- An Individualized Learning Plan documenting completion of the credentialing process and professional growth
- Support and mentoring from a trained peer mentor; and
- Current professional learning opportunities;
- Early completion option (one-year program) for qualified participants
- Opportunities to expand your educational resume
For more information, please contact an Academic Advisor at (805) 437-1320 or firstname.lastname@example.org