Hackathon by the Sea is an online virtual event open to 7th - 12th grade students in Ventura County. The goal of this event is to empower students by building their confidence in working with technology (computer science, robotics, etc.). Each year, Hackathon projects are created following a guiding theme. This year’s theme is “Hack the Future”, challenging attendees to build projects that address the future needs of the world. Hackathon by the Sea is an online virtual event aimed at increasing interest in all things STEM.
What is Hackathon by the Sea?
- "Hack" together awesome projects
- Team up with some of the brightest minds in Ventura County
- Design award-winning projects
Who should attend?
- Open to Ventura County students grades 9-12
- All experience levels welcome
- Space is limited to the first 200 sign-ups
- Opportunity to work in groups of 1- 4
When is the event?
- 2-Day Event*
- Begins Friday, May 21: 6-10 pm
- Resumes Sat, May 22: 9-5 pm
- Not an overnighter
Where is the event held?
- This is an online/virtual event
Do I need a computer?
- Yes, you can use a Chromebook, PC or Mac. If you do not have a computer, let us know.
Will there be food, prizes and free swag?
- Free Hacker Swag Bags that include snacks and goodies will be available for every student to pick-up prior to the event.
- Prizes available for winners of various categories