Hackathon by the Sea is an online virtual event open to 9th - 12th grade students in Ventura County. The goal of this event is to empower students by building their confidence in working with technology (computer science, robotics, etc.). Each year, Hackathon projects are created following a guiding theme. Hackathon by the Sea is an in-person and virtual event aimed at increasing interest in all things STEAM.
What is Hackathon by the Sea?
- "Hack" together awesome projects
- Team up with some of the brightest minds in Ventura County
- Design award-winning projects
Who should attend?
- Open to Ventura County students grades 9-12
- All experience levels welcome
- Opportunity to work in groups of 2 - 4
When is the event?
- Begins Friday, January 6, 2023 at 5:30 pm in-person at VCOE Conference Center.
- Presentations and closing ceremonies in-person Saturday, January 7, 2023. Event ends at 2:30pm
- This year the event is overnight.
Where is the event held?
- VCOE Conference Center in Camarillo.
Do I need a computer?
- Yes, you can use a Chromebook, PC or Mac. If you do not have a computer, let us know.
- Free Hacker Swag Bags that include snacks and goodies will be available for every student to pick-up prior to the event.
- Awards available for winners of various categories