Para español, use el menú de selección de idioma arriba.
Updated April 3, 2020
Many Ventura County school districts will continue to offer meal service for students while the State of California stay home order is in effect. This is considered an essential service and important source of nutrition for many students. We are keeping the list below as current as possible, but advise confirming the information with your school district using the links provided below.
Briggs School District (Santa Paula)
MORE INFO: www.briggsesd.org
Dear Briggs District Community: Santa Paula Unified School District is providing free Grab and Go meals. All children are welcome; they do not have to be Santa Paula Unified School District students, no ID or information is needed. For pick up times and locations, see the information for Santa Paula Unified School District below.
Conejo Valley Unified School District (Thousand Oaks/Newbury Park)
MORE INFO: http://conejousd.org/Free-Meal-Information
CVUSD will be serving meals at eight school sites. We will be offering sack launches out of the District’s kitchen vans - which are easily recognized by the District’s logo on the vehicles. Kids 2-18 years old are eligible to receive a meal at no cost. Locations may be subject to change. The schedule will be as follows:
11:30 - 12:15 PM
- Westlake Hills Elementary - 3333 S. Medicine Bow Court, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
- Banyan Elementary - 1120 Knollwood Drive, Newbury Park, CA 91320
- Weathersfield Elementary - 3151 Darlington Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
- Las Casitas Community Room - 1707 Calle Diamonte, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
12:30 - 1:15 PM
- Conejo Elementary - 280 N. Conejo School Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
- Walnut Elementary - 581 Dena Drive, Newbury Park, CA 91320
- Ladera STARS Academy - 1211 Calle Almendro, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
- Glenwood Elementary - 1135 Windsor Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Children 2-18 years old are eligible to receive a meal at no cost. Children must be present in order to receive a meal.
Fillmore Unified School District
MORE INFO: (English): www.fillmoreusd.org/apps/news/article/1184946
MORE INFO (Spanish): www.fillmoreusd.org/apps/news/article/1184947
11:00 AM TO 1:00 PM
Sites for Meal Distribution:
- Piru Square Park: Corner of Center Street and Piru Square (approved site for distribution of meals by the Ventura County Environmental Health Division)
- Fillmore Middle School, 543 A St, Fillmore, CA 93015
- Mountain Vista Elementary School, 918 5th St, Fillmore, CA 93015
Hueneme Elementary School District
MORE INFO: www.hueneme.org
The District will be serving meals at the following sites. The meals will be served "grab-n-go" style.
March 23-27, 2020
- 11:00 - 12:00 Blackstock JHS, 701 E. Bard Rd., Oxnard, CA
- 11:00 - 12:30 Haycox School, 5400 Perkins Rd., Oxnard, CA
- 11:00 - 12:00 Parkview School, 1416 Sixth Place, Port Hueneme, CA
Mesa Union School District (Somis)
MORE INFO: mesaschool.org/coronavirus
Please use pick-up locations for Oxnard Union High School District and Pleasant Valley School District (Camarillo), which are listed below.
Moorpark Unified School District
MORE INFO: www.mrpk.org/childnutrition
During school closures, at Flory Elementary, Grab & Go Meals will be available at NO COST for all children up to age 18 and persons with disabilities.
Breakfast: 8am to 9am
Lunch: 11am to 1pm
- Flory Academy. 240 Flory Avenue, Moorpark
Note that MUSD will be on Spring Break from March 23-27, 2020. During this time, no meals will be provided, as this was our scheduled break from school services.
Mupu School District (Santa Paula)
MORE INFO: www.mupu.org
Please use pick-up locations for the Santa Paula Unified School District, which are listed below.
Oak Park Unified School District
MORE INFO: https://www.oakparkusd.org/Page/10536www.oakparkusd.org/Page/10536
Please use pick-up locations at neighboring school districts, which are listed here.
Ocean View School District (Oxnard)
MORE INFO: www.oxnardunion.org
Free “to go” meals are available for any child under the age of 18. All children may eat. There is no requirement to be a student of the district. Lunch will be available in a grab and go (sack lunch) format. Meals should be taken off site to consume.
Lunch meals will be available from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm beginning Monday March 16, 2020.
Lunches will be available at the following locations for Ocean View School District at:
- Channel Island High School, 1400 Raiders Way, Oxnard
- Hueneme High School, 500 W. Bard Rd., Oxnard
- Oxnard High School, 3400 W. Gonzalez Rd., Oxnard
- Pacifica High School, 600 E. Gonzalez Rd., Oxnard
Ojai Unified School District
MORE INFO: www.ojaiusd.org/o/ojai-unified-school-district/page/school-closure-support
Student Care teams will be available at all OUSD school sites to ensure each and every student's basic needs are met. Beginning March 23, all sites will be open from 11:00 AM TO 1:00 PM on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Families can pick up two lunches per student, as well as devices and learning packets.
All meals are free for all children, even if they do not attend OUSD schools. Additionally, meal services will be closely monitored to ensure compliance with social distancing and sanitation protocols.
Oxnard School District (K-8)
MORE INFO: https://www.oxnardsd.org/Page/10948
NEW! Revised Meal Service Plan starting on Monday, March 30. Four school sites (Harrington, Cesar Chavez, Driffill, and Fremont) will open 9 a.m. - noon to distribute weekly meals that includes 5 days worth of breakfast and lunch staple foods per child. Staple items are based on availability. Supplies are limited and all meals will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
No identification or proof of school enrollment is required.
If you struggle to get to one of these OSD locations, please note that additional school districts are also offering meals at no cost. Hueneme, Oxnard Union High School District, Ventura Unified, and Rio are all offering meals to community members. For a list of locations, visit www.vcoe.org/meals. Don't hesitate to contact Child Nutrition Services if you have questions related to this community feeding program.
- Cesar Chavez School - 301 North Marquita Street, Oxnard, CA 93030
- Harrington School - 451 East Olive Street, Oxnard, CA 93033
- Driffill School - 910 South E Street, Oxnard, CA 93030
- Fremont Middle School - 1130 North M Street, Oxnard, CA 93030
NOTE: There wil be no meal service on Monday, April 13.
Oxnard Union High School District
MORE INFIO: www.oxnardunion.org
Free meals will be provided to ALL children, without eligibility documentation, who are 18 years of age and younger.
- Adolfo Camarillo High School - 4660 MIssion Oaks Blvd, Camarillo
- Channel Island High School - 1400 Raiders Way, Oxnard
- Hueneme High School - 500 Bard Road, Oxnard
- Oxnard High School - 3400 West Gonzales Road, Oxnard
- Pacifica High School - 600 East Gonzales Road, Oxnard
- Rio Mesa High School - 545 Central Avenue, Oxnard
- Rio Vista MIddle School - 3050 Thames River, Oxnard
Condor HS, Frontier HS and Oxnard Middle College High School students may receive food at any of the schools listed above. Students may pick-up meals at any school and may also pick-up meals from our elementary district partners, including Rio Vista M.S. For more information, contact OUHSD Nutrition Services at (805) 385- 5749.
Pleasant Valley Elementary School District (Camarillo)
MORE INFO: bit.ly/pvsd-meals
Starting on Monday, March 23, we are making a change to our emergency food service offerings.
Instead of students coming twice a day to pick up food, lunch and breakfast will be served together: a lunch for that day, with a breakfast to take home for the following day. Food service centers (Las Posas, PVSEA, and Rancho Rosal) will be open from 11am to 1pm for students to pick up food.
- Las Posas, 75 E Calle La Guerra, Camarillo
- PVSEA, 700 Temple Avenue, Camarillo
- Rancho Rosal, 3535 Village at the Park Drive, Camarillo
Rio School District (Oxnard)
MORE INFO: rioschools.org
Beginning Monday, March 16th students will be able to come to any Rio School District site between the hours of 10:30 AM and 12:30 PM to pick up a snack and meal in your cafeteria.
Santa Clara Elementary School District (Santa Paula)
MORE INFO: www.santaclaraesd.org
Please use pick-up locations for the Santa Paula Unified School District, which are listed below.
Santa Paula Unified School District
MORE INFO: www.santapaulaunified.org
The Santa Paula Unified School District and its Child Nutrition Services Team will be providing "Grab n Go" meals for families to pick-up, Monday through Friday, from 10:30am-12:30pm beginning Monday, March 16th.
Parents or students may walk or drive up to carts that we will be set up at the school sites listed below to receive one breakfast and one lunch per child ages 1-18 years of age. Meals will be served as "Grab n Go."
All Children are welcome; they do not have to be SPUSD students, no ID or information is needed, and the children do not need to be present; all Santa Paula families are welcome.
All meals must be taken off the property to be eaten, as we are trying to maintain social distancing.
We will be evaluating this program daily and will make adjustments if needed. Meals will be served at the following 2 sites:
- Glen City Elementary: 141 S Steckel Drive, Santa Paula, CA
- Barbara Webster Elementary: 1150 Saticoy Street, Santa Paula, CA
Simi Valley Unified School District
MORE INFO: https://www.simi.k12.ca.us/pf4/cms2/news_themed_display?id=1585734998120
Our Child Nutrition Department continues to do an amazing job at providing free breakfast and lunch to our district’s children. Just to recap, we have three sites providing meals through a drive-through system:
Monday-Friday, 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Berylwood: 2300 Heywood St., Simi Valley, CA
- Park View: 1500 Alexander St., Simi Valley, CA
- Santa Susana: 3570 E. Cochran St., Simi Valley, CA
SPRING BREAK MEAL SCHEDULE: For the upcoming holidays on Friday, April 10 and Monday, April 13, breakfast and lunch will still be provided for these days. BUT THEY WILL BE HANDED OUT ON THURSDAY, APRIL 9. At all three pick-up locations, Child Nutrition will hand a bag for each child that will contain three breakfasts and three lunches, representing meals for Thursday, Friday, and Monday.
Somis Union School District
MORE INFO: somisusd.org
Please use pick-up locations at neighboring school districts, which are listed on this page.
Ventura Unified School District
MORE INFO: www.venturausd.org/SchoolClosures.aspx
Our Food & Nutrition Services team will be providing meals for families to pick-up, Monday through Friday, from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm beginning this Monday, March 16. Parents or students may walk or drive up to the carts that we will have set up and receive one breakfast (for the next day) and one lunch per child ages 1-18 years of age. All children are welcome; they do not have to be VUSD students, no ID or information is needed, and the children do not need to be present; all Ventura families are welcome. All meals must be taken off the property to be eaten, as we are trying to maintain social distancing. These sites were selected strategically, so the District provides meals in areas of high need throughout the city and where walking to the location is an option. We will evaluate the program daily and adjust if needed. The six sites are:
- Atlas Elementary School 760 Jazmin Avenue, Ventura, CA
- Montalvo Elementary 2050 Grand Avenue, Ventura, CA
- Will Rogers Elementary 316 Howard Street, Ventura, CA
- Data Middle School 2060 Cameron Street, Ventura, CA
- Sheridan Way Elementary 573 Sheridan Way, Ventura, CA
- Sunset K-8 School 400 Sunset Ave., Oak View, CA
Revised Schedule for Spring Break - April 6 to 10
Spring Break Meal Service will be provided but will look a bit different in order to allow our staff to take a shorter but much needed Spring Break. Each of our families in need can pick up five days' worth of breakfast and lunches for each child between the ages of 1-18 years. We will only be distributing on Monday from 11:30 am- 1 pm at the six locations we normally distribute at ATLAS, Montalvo, Will Rogers, DATA, Sheridan Way, Sunset K-8.