Gateway accepts Ventura County students in grades 6-12. Students are accepted from districts on an as needed basis, but if registration peaks, students with expulsions are given preference. Gateway strives to expedite student processing and to ensure good customer service to districts, parents, and the students we serve. Please contact Araceli Osuna, Induction/Transition Specialist, if you have questions regarding this process.
Home district should submit a full referral packet to Gateway School. Please scan and email completed to Araceli Osuna. Referral must contain the following documents:
- Rehab Plan/Expulsion Notice (if applicable)
- Copy of original Home Language Survey
- Testing Scores & ELPAC (if applicable)
- RFEP Date (if applicable)
- Immunization Records (includes TDAP eff. 11/12 SY)
- Most recent IEP* or SPED Documentation (if applicable)
- Psychological Report (if applicable)
- 504 Plan (if applicable)
Please make sure referral packet is complete. If packets are missing information, a Gateway representative will contact the district representative to advise & request of missing documents.
- If the student is eligible for special education services, please follow this link for special education referral procedure. Note that an IEP meeting must be attended by a Gateway representative to discuss the change of school placement. To schedule a meeting contact School Psychologist Ryan Tanney at email@example.com.