California Department of Education (CDE)
California Collaborative for Educational Excellence (CCEE)
The California Collaborative for Educational Excellence (CCEE) was established by the California State Legislature and Governor to advise and assist school districts, county offices of education, and charter schools (local educational agencies (LEAs)) to achieve the goals and objectives in their Local Control and Accountability Plans (LCAPs). It was created as part of the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) legislation that redesigned California‘s school funding formulas to ensure that there would be sufficient support for students who required additional resources to ensure their success.
Ventura County Supporting the System of Support
- VCOE Student Services - The Student Services Branch is comprised of all student services programs operated by the Ventura County Office of Education including Special Education, Community Schools, the Career Education Center (CEC), Charter Schools, Migrant Education, Homeless and Foster Youth Programs, CalSAFE, and Student Competitions.
- VCOE Educational Services - The Educational Services Branch provides a broad array of training, support, and resources for educators throughout the county. (Comprehensive Health and Prevention Programs, Curriculum and Instruction, Early Childhood Programs, Educator Support and Effectiveness, Expanded Learning Services, Hearing Conservation, Research and Evaluation, State and Federal Systems of Support)
- VCOE Fiscal & Administrative Services - The Fiscal & Administrative Services branch provides service and support to all VCOE operations as well as the school districts in Ventura County. (Credentialing, Facilities, Graphic Services, Human Resources, Internal Business Services, School Business and Advisory Services, Technology Services)
- Ventura County SELPA - The Ventura County Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) office is responsible for the implementation of the Ventura County Special Education Local Plan, and for ensuring a free appropriate public education to all students with identified disabilities according to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) PL 94-142 (amended by PL 108-446, 2004).
- Ventura County P-20 Council - The Ventura County P-20 Council envisions a strong collaboration among educational, business and community organizations to create a culture that supports the knowledge and workforce needs of our region.