California Department of Education (CDE)
California Collaborative for Educational Excellence (CCEE)
The CCEE is a statewide agency that works to strengthen California's public-school system so that districts can build their capacity to improve student outcomes. The agency does this by working collaboratively with other statewide agencies, county offices of education, and stakeholders so they— as a collective group — can tackle challenges as a team. In some cases, the CCEE can also offer one-on-one support to districts through direct technical assistance. Both VCOE department directors are involved with CCEE, Daryton Ramsey serves as a statewide Professional Learning Exchange facilitator for and Lisa Salas Brown serves as a local Professional Learning Network facilitator here at VCOE. Learn more about professional learning opportunities and CCEE resource collections at this link.
Ventura County Supporting the System of Support
- VCOE Student Services - The Student Services Branch is comprised of all student services programs operated by the Ventura County Office of Education including Special Education, Court and Community Schools, the Career Education Center (CEC), Charter Schools, Migrant Education, Homeless and Foster Youth Programs, CalSAFE, and Student Competitions.
- VCOE Educational Services - The Educational Services Branch provides a broad array of training, support and resources for educators throughout the county. (Comprehensive Health and Prevention Programs, Curriculum and Instruction, Early Childhood Programs, Educator Support and Effectiveness, Expanded Learning Services, Hearing Conservation, Research and Evaluation, State and Federal System of Support)
- VCOE Fiscal & Administrative Services - The Fiscal & Administrative Services branch provides service and support to all VCOE operations as well as the school districts in Ventura County. (Credentialing, Facilities, Graphic Services, Human Resources, Internal Business Services, School Business and Advisory Services, Technology Services)
- Ventura County SELPA - The Ventura County SELPA office is responsible for the implementation of the Ventura County Special Education Local Plan, and for ensuring a free appropriate public education to all students with identified disabilities according to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act PL 94-142 (amended by PL 108-446, 2004).
- Ventura County P-20 Council - The Ventura County P-20 Council envisions a strong collaboration among educational, business and community organizations to create a culture that supports the knowledge and workforce needs of our region.