The DSC CTE and Adult Education Equivalency Program is for teachers who already hold a Multiple Subject, Single Subject or Special Education teaching credential. This program grants you equivalencies for the work you have completed for previous credentials.
- Online Classes:
- For CTE Credential holders:
- History and Foundations of CTE: Approximately seven hours related to the historical, legal, social, political, and economic perspectives of CTE as well as the future for California
- Classroom and Laboratory Management: Approximately seven hours focusing on the safe and legal practices in the workplace and school
- For Adult Ed Credential holders:
- History and Foundations of Adult Education: Approximately seven hours focusing on the adult education teaching profession, including its history, funding and governance and role in public education.
- Adult Learning Theory: Approximately seven hours focusing on developing knowledge of the characteristics of adult learners and recognition of the diversity of adult learner's needs.
- Portfolio E Contents: You will complete a professional portfolio that will serve as documentation of instructional practices aligned to applicable CTE, academic, and/or industry standards. The portfolio is generally comprised of a teaching plan, formal observation completed by your employer, work from focus students, analysis of student work, reflection and curriculum map.
* additional requirements may apply depending on evaluation of your credential(s).