The Wellness Centers are designed to integrate disparate services from a viariety of funding sources and organizations to unify care coordination and service provision through on centralized program and location, a "one-stop shop" for wraparound services. Through both on-campus programming and community-based partnerships, students will receive coordinated health/mental health and other support services to maximize student engagement and success. Services will include mental health screening, intervention, counseling, education, and referrals; crisis intervention; linkages to a vast network of counseling and mental health treatment; coordination with health, educational, and other community services; suicide prevention; drop-out prevention; and outreach to high-risk youth.
The goals of the Wellness Centers include:
- Prevent mental illness from becoming severe and disabling
- Reduce risk factors that negatively affect mental health and academic success
- Improve access to school and community based mental health services
- Create safe and supportive environments where high school students can discuss concerns and needs in a confidential and nonjudgemental space
- Create a space for peers by peers
Wellness Center School Districts
Fillmore Unified School District - Fillmore High School
Moorpark Unified School District - Moorpark High School
Oxnard Union High School District - Channel Islands High School, Hueneme High School, Oxnard High School, Pacifica High School
Santa Paula Unified School District - Santa Paula High School
Ventura Unified School District - Buena High School
For more information on the Wellness Centers, please feel free to contact Suzanne Weist (SWeist@vcoe.org) or Amber Macias (Amacias@vcoe.org)
Last revised January, 2022.