In addition to the ESE General Policies and Procedures, candidates in the Teacher Induction Program also understand and acknowledge the following additional policies and procedures:
Eligibility for credential programs is determined by the ESE Academic Advisor, based on the credentials candidates already hold and by the requirements of their employing school districts. To apply to the Ventura County Teacher Induction Consortium, candidates must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Hold a California Preliminary Multiple Subject, Single Subject, and/or Education Specialist credential.
- Be employed in a teaching assignment for the current school year. Assignments less than one semester (e.g., day-to-day substitute teaching) are not eligible teaching assignments.
If the initial pairing of a mentor and a candidate is not supporting the candidate’s ability to complete Program requirements, or either party is dissatisfied with the pairing, clear procedures are established for reassignments.
- The candidate contacts the Program Director; the mentor contacts the District Coordinator.
- The Program Director conducts an interview with the candidate or mentor to clarify issues surrounding the reconsideration of the mentor assignment.
- Based on the interview, the Program Director proposes a remedy that may involve facilitating a meeting between the candidate and the mentor to resolve presenting problems and/or working with the candidate’s employer to facilitate assigning a new mentor.